The full rehearsal schedules for Poole (Nick Cave), Weymouth (John Surman) and East Devon (Marc Yeats) are now available here for download. Some key dates:
- Friday 9 March 2012: Nick Cave songs at the opening of Twin Sails Bridge, Poole
- Sunday 25 March 2012: Recording of Marc Yeats Sturzstrom, Exeter
- Friday 1 June 2012: Marc Yeats Sturzstrom at Beer Quarry Caves
- Sunday 8 July 2012: Cave, Surman, B Sharp and Yeats at Lighthouse Concert Hall
- Sunday 22 July 2012: 50-voice youth choir performs Nick Cave songs at BT River of Music, London
- Friday 27 July 2012: Cave, Surman, B Sharp at Weymouth Beach Live Site; Yeats at ICCI360 Arena
Full venue details for Sturzstrom rehearsals will be announced shortly, but they will be held in an Exeter location.
BSharp, a partner of Coastal Voices wants to have a home in The Hub Lyme Regis. This is an independent youth facility just starting up after years without one. The Hub is in the first ever UK final to win £100,000 from Energyshare, sponsored by River Cottage and British Gas. It would buy solar panels, and make an energy efficient building, adding to the sustainability of the facility.
We are up against cities such as Manchester and Sheffield, so need all the help we can get! Voting is from now until 5 p.m. Sat 3 December.
Voting and full story is through this link:
The deadline for registering to be part of Coastal Voices in Weymouth and Poole is Friday 25 November 2011. To make sure you’re part of the project and on the mailing list, please email email@example.com with the following details:
I would like to join Coastal Voices rehearsals in Weymouth (John Surman) / Poole (Nick Cave) / East Devon (Marc Yeats)
I regularly learn music from scores/by ear
For choirs, please also specify numbers, age range and examples of recent repertoire.
- Reminder of rehearsal dates this month:
MARC YEATS/EAST DEVON: Saturday 12 November 10am – 12.30pm, Belmont Chapel, Exeter
JOHN SURMAN/WEYMOUTH: Wednesday 16 November 7 – 9.30pm, Holy Trinity Church, Weymouth (please note confirmed venue)
NICK CAVE/POOLE: Thursday 17 November 7 – 9pm, Lighthouse Concert Hall
And to give you an idea of what we’ll be working on in each rehearsal:
Great Things to bar 100
Song for the Wind to bar 55
Ventania work on the individual rhythmic figures up to bar 57
Into my arms to bar 98
There she goes to bar 68
Carry me to bar 167
- We have a small number of Nick Cave and John Surman printed vocal scores which will be available to buy at the first rehearsal for £5 each (cash only please). If you require one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by end of Thursday 10 November latest and these will be allocated on a first come first served basis. No other scores will be available on the rehearsal night, so please bring your copy downloaded from the website.
- In response to feedback from choirs, we are recording each individual vocal line of the John Surman songs and these will be available on the cvscores.posterous.com website as soon as possible after the 16th November.
- Sturzstrom voice parts are now available for download at cvscores.posterous.com Please note that you don’t need to download and bring the score to the first workshop on the 12th November.
- After a terrific response to Coastal Voices, we will be closing registration on Friday 25 November 2011 – so there will still be time after the first rehearsal for you to enthuse your friends, relations and colleagues to take part!