- Reminder of rehearsal dates this month:
MARC YEATS/EAST DEVON: Saturday 12 November 10am – 12.30pm, Belmont Chapel, Exeter
JOHN SURMAN/WEYMOUTH: Wednesday 16 November 7 – 9.30pm, Holy Trinity Church, Weymouth (please note confirmed venue)
NICK CAVE/POOLE: Thursday 17 November 7 – 9pm, Lighthouse Concert Hall
And to give you an idea of what we’ll be working on in each rehearsal:John Surman/Weymouth:
Great Things to bar 100
Song for the Wind to bar 55
Ventania work on the individual rhythmic figures up to bar 57 Nick Cave/Poole::
Into my arms to bar 98
There she goes to bar 68
Carry me to bar 167
- We have a small number of Nick Cave and John Surman printed vocal scores which will be available to buy at the first rehearsal for £5 each (cash only please). If you require one, please email email@example.com by end of Thursday 10 November latest and these will be allocated on a first come first served basis. No other scores will be available on the rehearsal night, so please bring your copy downloaded from the website.
- In response to feedback from choirs, we are recording each individual vocal line of the John Surman songs and these will be available on the cvscores.posterous.com website as soon as possible after the 16th November.
- Sturzstrom voice parts are now available for download at cvscores.posterous.com Please note that you don’t need to download and bring the score to the first workshop on the 12th November.
- After a terrific response to Coastal Voices, we will be closing registration on Friday 25 November 2011 – so there will still be time after the first rehearsal for you to enthuse your friends, relations and colleagues to take part!